Luxury Similan Islands liveaboards are the ultimate way to dive Thailand’s Similan Islands. Check liveaboard pricing, availability and book online.
Smiling Seahorse – Similan Liveaboard
2023 – 2024 Similan Islands Diving Season update
Unfortunately the two main luxury Similan Islands liveaboards, Thailand Aggressor and Diva Andaman, are not operating during the 2023-2024 Similan Islands diving season (October 2023 to May 2024)
Many Similan liveaboards were mothballed during the Covid pandemic due to lack of customers, and it’s now difficult for some boats to start back up again.
Two excellent mid-range Similan liveaboards operating this season are the Smiling Seahorse and the Phinisi. Both of these boats managed to continue operating in Thailand throughout the Covid pandemic when there were no foreign tourists due to the borders being closed.
Another couple of mid-range Similan liveaboards worth considering are The Junk and Dive Race Class E. The Junk is a very charismatic vessel as it was the same boat used in the 1974 classic James Bond movie The Man With The Golden Gun, while Dive Race Class E is as modern as dive boats get with a steel hull and a sleek, contemporary feel.
There are other mid-range boats on the Mid-Range Similan Liveaboards page.
- Not operating during the 2023-2024 Similan Islands diving season
- Read More
Similan Liveaboards Overview
- Luxury Similan Island Liveaboards
- Mid Range Similan Island Liveaboards
- Budget Similan Island Liveaboards
- Last Minute Liveaboard Deals
- Diving The Similan Islands 2023: A Quick Guide
- Similan Islands Liveaboard Trip Report April 2023
- Similan Islands Liveaboard Trip Report February 2023
- Similan Islands Liveaboard Trip Report December 2022
- Diving Thailand Guide - Thailand’s best dive sites, Where to see manta rays and whale sharks, Similan trip reports and more